Reading their lists leaves me wondering what it is that inspires me now? What is there that I aspire to? As I review their lists, these are things that I have been doing, and loved doing over the last 10 years combining motherhood with old and new careers, and a reignited interest in the making things with my hands, and a new keen interest in gardening, bushwalking and yoga.
I love the idea of joining the 101 things crusade, but I guess I want a mini list, with more immediate results!
So I will make a list of 10 things, in 101 days. But I will consider these things most carefully and borrow one idea from each of their lists, as a thank you!
1. Walk the Overland Track (Thank you Katrine!... I havent walked the whole thing yet, and am now confirming plans to do this in November)
2. Cook something new once per month (I might make this once per week) Thanks Victoria!
3. Continue the pilates training, daily. Focusing on core strength and begining to re-integrate my yoga routine.
4. Start my weekly walking once again.
5. Floss (lol! I always seem to rush my teeth, but I really want to avoid expensive dental visits)
6. Laugh more
7. Be open to new friendships, and try not to worry too much if they all dont quite work out the way you imagine they may
8. Be open to the idea of a whole new career!
9. Listen to my students...actively listen.
10. Plant some seeds for summer veggie crops
I might even revise my list tomorrow, before putting it in the margin to keep my mind on the things im working towards, but this is a start. Oh, and I guess I made the executive decision to count laughter, listening and preparedness as a 'thing': a thing need not be a physical outcome I reckon...