Thursday, August 6, 2009

In case of emergency only


A good friend of mine who happens to be a wonderful cook sent me this recipe as a group email. It sounds awful, but I might just get desperate enough to try it one day...

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well..
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT ! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

Could be OK... maybe I will try it afterall...

7 comments:

  1. ROFL!!!!! Thats fantastic!!!! just what i needed when i was a kid! Just what i need now!!!!- the ultimate 'need a hit right now' soloution. might pass it on to the beans! who was it from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking closely at the ingredients i might reduce the sugar by half!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Second thoughts- one for Chef Luna I reckon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did try it out, and it actually works!
    Thats the only positive thing I can say about it. It suceeded in looking lke something approximating chocolate cake. On the minus side: the texture was rubbery, and the taste, well, meh....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Megan Kalucy forwarded me the email. Not sure who the originator was! I'll forward it to you to pass on if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm impressed you tried it! i had the recipe forwarded to me a few weeks ago but was too scared to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete